This course will give you the opportunity to step back and get clear about what you want to achieve in the long and short term. It will then help you assess your present effectiveness and map out a plan to reach your professional and personal goals. This course will focus on concepts essential to effective time, task management and work planning, enabling you to manage yourself effectively within your own time constraints, be better organized and prioritise your work/life tasks, as well as the people you manage.
Being more effective and efficient at work increases your confidence and motivation to achieve continuously higher levels of success. Through learning to leverage your time and tasks to your advantage, you will achieve maximizing the results in the shortest amount of time, with a greater sense of achievement and satisfaction at work.
This course will feature:
- Streamlining your office, your work flow and work habits for maximum efficiency
- Big picture thinking, short and long term planning, prioritsing and scheduling your work
- Working with others to achieve results through teamwork, effective delegation and running productive meetings
- Overcoming common time management mistakes and obstacles
- Mastering yourself and your life through work/life balance, self-awareness and self-discipline
- Line and functional Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors in organizations of all sizes
- Intermediate and advanced level Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors within all sectors, private and public, profit and not-for-profit
- Professionals who needs to become more effective and efficient in time management and planning
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Achieve results on time, with less stress, through planning, prioritizing and delegating work
- Organize their work day, work flow and work systems, to have an effective, and efficient office.
- Manage and motivate others around them, to achieve the synergy of a great team
- Analyse situations and habits that hinder their performance and identify techniques to overcome them
- Achieve job success and satisfaction by setting and reaching short and long term goals linked to personal and company aims.
This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes group and individual exercises, case studies, role plays and discussions – along with formal inputs.
Setting your Foundation – Organising your Time, Tasks and Office Systems
- Assessing your present productiveness and areas for improvement
- Activity logs, effective to-do lists and action programs
- Managing your workflow, files, emails and office effectively
- The urgent/important matrix
- Leverage – achieving much more with the same effort
Achieving Results through Planning, Prioritizing and Delegation
- Mind-mapping for planning, problem solving and decision making at work
- Gantt charts – planning small to medium sized projects
- Effective scheduling – planning to make the best use of your time
- Goal setting and meeting multiple deadlines
- The art of delegating
Overcoming challenges in Time, Task, Work Planning Effectiveness
- Managing interuptions and minimizing distractions
- Dealing with late, disorganized or difficult people
- Managing conflicting priorities and last minute changes
- Overcoming procrastination
- Running productive team meetings and making group decisions
Working with others to Achieve Results
- Team Leadership and improving team effectiveness
- Effective Communication skills
- Emotional Intelligence and People Skills
- The art of concise clear conversations
- Listening and giving feedback
Managing Yourself to Achieve Life Long Success
- Energizing and motivating yourself
- Managing your stress and achieving work-life balance
- Improving your concentration and focus
- Increasing self-discipline, breaking bad habits and negative behaviours
- The effective habits of a good time task manager
BOOST Certificate of Completion for delegates Will Be Issued For who attend and complete the course.
© 2015. Material published by BOOST shown here is copyrighted. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized copying, distribution, use, dissemination, downloading, storing (in any medium), transmission, reproduction or reliance in whole or any part of this course outline is prohibited and will constitute an infringement of copyright.